Today’s Prompt: Write about a challenge you faced and overcame.
This prompt feels incredibly vague to me, and I wasn’t sure what direction to go with it. Did you know that literally every story with a plot, is about a character facing a challenge and overcoming it?
Unfortunately, “every story with a plot” doesn’t fit in a blog post.
So here’s some challenges (small and big) I faced and overcame in the past day:
- what do I eat for breakfast? How about some cereal, even though this box is almost empty.
- ugh, journaling takes forever. Okay, I can watch a tv show to reward myself for doing my journaling.
- These clothes I bought a few days ago, I don’t actually like them. How about we assign them to be tentative-pajamas?
- I have a cough and a runny nose and I’m at home all day today (…because coronavirus). How fun! I shall take things slow, not over-exert myself, and eat healthy.
- this book I’m revising has many issues. So we’ll try to improve them in the next hour-or-longer. Yay!
- What should I write for this blog prompt? Well, past me, you wrote a list. Technically you’re still writing a list. How about that? Oh wait now you’re done writing the list. Almost. Okay now